Medical Sciences Liaison - Oncology (New Jersey)
Our client is a global pharmaceutical leader committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our client offers a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and they have built a promising pipeline centered around their core therapeutic areas. Our client is continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing its specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) functions as a regional medical and scientific resource responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with national and regional External Experts (EEs) in support of key scientific medical objectives. The MSL engages in fair-balanced scientific exchange with EEs, provides education of health care providers on client's products and disease states of interest, and provides clinical research support in the therapeutic areas of interest to client.
- Develop, maintain, and manage collaborative relationships with External Experts (EEs) and other healthcare professionals in the area of Oncology.
- Provide relevant medical and scientific support for healthcare providers, third-party payers, managed care audiences, and internal cross functional partners (e.g., sales training, advisory meetings, marketing-led initiatives, etc.)
- Deliver high quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings
- Professionally represent the company at select medical meetings and programs
- Assist clinical development in identifying potential investigators and sites for company sponsored clinical trials; support clinical trials, and provide support for researchers and healthcare providers interested in doing research with the company
- Provide and disseminate relevant medical and scientific information regarding the company's products and related therapeutic areas
- Respond to requests for medical information and/or unsolicited off-label questions in a scientific, fair-balanced, compliant manner
- Gather and disseminate feedback on company's products and competitive intelligence from multiple sources
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D., D.O., Ph.D., Pharm.D.) or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Science Liaison preferred
- Experience within Oncology/Hematology Oncology preferred
- Preferred 3-5 years prior experience working in the pharmaceutical industry or related experience with medical or scientific focus
Director, Oncology and Respiratory MSLs, US Field Medical Affairs